Friday, November 9, 2012

Videography


Video By: Josh Stephens - Idaho Falls Temple

I film professionally as a videographer. This is a sample of one of my favorite wedding videos I have produced this year. The couple was really energetic and friendly as well as photogenic. It always enhances the final product when I film a couple that are both attractive and have a great attitude. It was my first time filming in Idaho Falls and it is definitely one of the most beautiful locations I've filmed.

I started filming wedding videos in early 2008. I have always had a desire to love the work that I do. No matter what job I have I will always want to film on the side.

I took several College credit classes my senior year in High School and one of them was an entrepreneurship class.  I was also in DECCA (Distributive Education Clubs of America) and we were asked to come up with a business idea and write up a business plan with charts and projections for possible income.

After competing in DECCA several times in different locations, I unexpectedly came home with several awards.  It was not long before I realized that I could actually put my hypothetical business plan into action and maybe make a little money in the process. 

I filmed my first wedding for free asking only for permission to use their images in the video as a sample to start my business and to use for the DECCA competitions. The video was the first to go on my website. I won some State awards and trophies and went on to nationals in Atlanta Georgia.

Everyone loved the video and the more weddings I filmed, the more I put on the website.  And the more I put on the website the more weddings I booked.  I’m still keeping busy and making enough money to get through school and cover other expenses including upgrading my equipment as often as possible.

After several years of filming and editing videos, I continue to enjoy producing wedding videos for all the people that come to me requesting my services. A big part of what makes me love this business is the satisfaction that I get from creating something myself and how happy my customers are with their new personal treasure.  Not only is it important to know what footage to capture and to have a steady hand to film it but, editing is the most important part of video production.  If you were to watch hours of unedited, raw footage it would be boring. The trick is to making it cinematic and entertaining.

To see more video samples of my work and to learn more about my professional services, please visit my company website at: www.reflectionweddingvideos.com

No comments:

Post a Comment